Are you done with setting up an account on the Coinbase App and are now looking at how to get back into your Coinbase account?
Signing into the account is simple and we all are aware of that process as well. However, what if one has lost access to their email ID?
Most of us will think that now we will have to create a new account in this case. But that’s not the case. You can regain access to your lost email ID by looking at the details provided underneath.
Here, we will be going through the steps for GDAX login in case of a lost email address.
Lost email ID access: here’s the way
Before getting into the process of regaining access to the lost password here are some pre-requisites that you must be aware of:
- 2-step verification method (required)
- The password associated with your Coinbase account
- The mobile number linked to your account
Now, let’s start the process:
- Go to the account access page/official page of the app
- Enter your email ID and password
- Hit the “Sign In” icon
- Provide the token for your 2-step verification
- On asking to verify the new device, tap on “Try another way”
- Choose “Update my email”
- Choose the ID type
- Now, follow the prompted steps
Another case is where you lost email ID access because you forgot your account password. In this case, you will be required to contact Coinbase Support for regaining access to your account.
Read Also: MetaMask Chrome Extension
Found that your account is compromised?
If you believe that your account has been compromised, you should immediately secure your account by locking the account or by resetting your account password. You can do so in 4 ways. They are:
- By using a web browser
- Through mobile app
- By contacting the Coinbase support
- Or, by submitting a Coinbase support form
Locking the account using Coinbase mobile app
- Open Coinbase App on your mobile
- Hit “Profile & Settings” in the menu
- Go down to the “Security” option
- Click on “Lock my account”
- Re-check the steps and hit the “Are you sure?” option
- Now, choose “Yes, lock my account”
You have successfully secured your account by locking it.
From a security point of view, if you fail Coinbase login and suspect that you have lost access to your email ID, then you should immediately contact Coinbase support to lock the account by selecting the option from the menu. It is advised so, that you can protect your account from getting involved in any kind of suspicious activity. You can protect your account by resetting your email ID password
Get Info: MetaMask Sign in