A QuickBooks company file is created to keep a record of your company’s financial data. While accessing or running the company file, a user can encounter many errors due to technical glitches. One such error is QuickBooks error 6000 77 that takes place when the user cannot open the company file, and the screen display, “We’re sorry. QuickBooks encountered a problem. Error codes: (-6000, -77)”. To know the causes behind the error warning message 6000 77 and methods to eliminate it, go through our detailed blog till the end.
Dial our Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391 to consult our team of QuickBooks professionals and seek technical guidance regarding QuickBooks company file error 6000 77.
Why does QuickBooks Error 6000 77 Arise?
Several errors can prevent you from opening your company file. Error 6000 77 is one such error that can occur due to the following reasons-
- TLG and .ND configuration files are corrupted or damaged. .TLG file, i.e., Transaction Log, helps retrieve your data when your original files get damaged and .ND file, i.e., Network Data file that allows the QuickBooks to access your company file.
- Windows firewall settings are incorrect, due to which it blocks access to the company file.
- If your company file folder damages, then you won’t be able to access your company file.
Also Read : Quickbooks Error 1328
How to Rectify the error code 6000 77?
To overcome the error, you can use the following troubleshooting methods-
SOLUTION 1: Name the .TLG and .ND Files Again
You can run the QuickBooks company file if .TLG and .ND files are free of corruption. If you face the error code while opening the company file, then you might consider renaming the .TLG and .ND files.
NOTE: Your data will remain secure even after renaming the .TLG and .ND files because as you open your company file with the help of Database Server Manager, these files are recreated automatically.
- On your Windows desktop, go to ‘My Computer’ or ‘This PC’.
- Open ‘C: Drive’ and select the folder that has your company file.
- Now, select the files with the same name similar to your company file name but with .TLG and .ND extensions.
- Right-click on each of those files to rename. Tap on ‘Rename’ and add the word ‘.OLD’ at the end of the file names.
- Press enter after renaming each file.
- Once done, run QuickBooks and open your company file.
SOLUTION 2: Use File Doctor Tool in QuickBooks Tool Hub
QuickBooks Tool Hub can help you resolve some of the usual errors that occur in the QuickBooks Desktop. Similarly, one of the tools, “File Doctor’ is designed to fix the issues related to the company file.
- Firstly, you must download QuickBooks Tool Hub. If you are running QuickBooks Desktop, close it.
- Download the latest QuickBooks Tool Hub version and save the file to a convenient location where you can find it instantly.
- The name of the file will be saved as ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’.
- Open the file and start the installation process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and mark the relevant checkboxes to agree to all the terms and conditions.
- Once the entire process finishes, go to your Windows desktop and run the QB Tool Hub application.
- Tap on ‘Company File Issues’ and select ‘Run QuickBooks File Doctor’.
- Now, go to the drop-down arrow to select your company file. Alternatively, you can use the ‘Browse and search’ option to locate your company file.
- Next, click on ‘Check your file’ and ‘Continue’.
- At last, type your QuickBooks Admin Password and tap on ‘Next’.
- You must wait until the File Doctor examines all the issues. Once the entire process is successfully completed, you can open your company file.
Is QuickBooks error 6000 77 still popping up even after using the solutions mentioned above? If you still cannot access your company file, we recommend you connect with one of our experts via 1.800.579.0391 to fix the company file error.
Also Read : Quickbooks Unrecoverable Error