According to the most recent analysis by Emergen Research, the global market for biosurfactants was valued at USD 5.26 billion in 2021 and is predicted to grow at a rate of 5.93% over the projected period. Rising demand from end-use industries, developing trends and creative tactics connected to biosurfactant manufacturing or industrial production processes, and consumer awareness of environmentally friendly and sustainable product alternatives are key drivers influencing market revenue growth.
The Global Biosurfactants market drivers and restraints Market report focuses on current and future market growth, technological advancements, volume, raw materials, and profiles of the key companies involved in the market. The report provides valuable insights to the stakeholders, investors, product managers, marketing executives, and other industry professionals.
Driver: Synthetic surfactants must adhere to certain rules.
Petrochemicals are used to make surfactants, which are then processed chemically, releasing harmful gases and debris. These substances may be hazardous to human and environmental health. The release of hazardous chemical effluents into the environment is controlled by a number of regulatory organisations operating on a global scale, including REACH, the Food & Drug Administration (FDA), the Florida Environmental Protection Agency, and the United States Environmental Protection Agency (US EPA). The usage of surfactants produced from living things has gained momentum as a result of these regulations. Research and development efforts have expanded to examine the viability of biosurfactants on a commercial basis as manufacturers become more aware of the issue.
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments : https://www.emergenresearch.com/request-sample/1109
Low commercialisation due to high production costs is a restriction.
Due to their lower toxicity and greater biodegradability than synthetic surfactants, biosurfactants have been the focus of research for a long time. Biosurfactants also display a variety of other qualities, including phase separation, a reduction in the viscosity of heavy oils, solubilization, emulsification, demulsification, foaming, and wetting. Despite all the benefits, only a few number have received regulatory approval and been put on the market. Biosurfactants often have production costs that are three to ten times greater than those of synthetic surfactants. This is because the stages involved in raw material preparation, microbial fermentation, and product purification are expensive. Due of this, industrial-scale production of biosurfactants has proven challenging.
Possibility of using rhamnolipids as immunomodulators and anticancer agents
Rhamnolipids have a very strong impact on both human and animal cancer cells, which is a terrible disease. Insect cell line C6/36 and breast cancer cell line MCF-7 growth was inhibited by di-rhamnolipids made from PA B189. B1898 is used to make rhamnolipids, which have the ability to detect the cytoskeleton of phagocytic and nonphagocytic cells and alter the shape of these cells. On diverse cells originating from malignancies of various origins, rhamnolipids' characteristics were examined. Recent research has focused on the function of rhamnolipids as immunomodulators in light of the diverse impacts of rhamnolipids. Rhamnolipids can activate immune cells, resulting in the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines, and these biosurfactants have significant impacts on modifying the humoral and cellular immune systems..
Some major companies in the global market report include Evonik Industries AG, BASF SE, Ecover, Jeneil Biotech, Inc., AkzoNobel N.V., Lion Corporation, Givaudan SA, Croda International PLC, Biotensidon GmbH, and Henkel Corporation.
Some Significant Report Highlights
· In 2021, the glycolipids market contributed a modest portion of total revenue. Due to their capacity to lower surface and interfacial tension, biosurfactants with reduced molecular weight, such as glycolipids, low-molecular-weight Lipopeptides (LPs), and phospholipids, have industrial potential. The glycolipids that have garnered the greatest attention are trehalolipids, cellobiose lipids, mannosylerythritol lipids, rhamnolipids (mostly from Pseudomonas), and sophorolipids (SLs) (derived from Candida and related species). Due to their ability to permeabilize, which causes the bacterial plasma membrane to degrade, glycolipids and rhamnolipids have antibacterial properties. Rhamnolipids are therefore appealing molecules for therapeutic uses, including applications in industries like food, healthcare, pharmaceuticals, and petrochemicals. This is because they have biological properties that are favourable to the environment.
· In 2021, the food processing industry contributed a sizeable portion of total revenue. In the food business, biosurfactants are used to clean and/or treat contact surfaces as well as act as antimicrobial and anti-biofilm agents. They can also be used as food additives or as ingredients that are introduced straight to formulations. In response to growing consumer demand for natural, organic, and vegan foods, biosurfactants are utilised as food additives, demanding the development of biomolecules with technical capabilities that can reduce or even eliminate the usage of synthetic surfactants.
· In 2021, the Europe market contributed a modest portion of total sales. This is due to elements like increased R&D efforts and government-funded research initiatives in the area of green surfactants. The market growth in the region is also greatly aided by the expanding presence of notable industry players and others. For instance, the German company Allianz Biotenside conducts research on the use of biosurfactants in industrial applications in collaboration with businesses all throughout the value chain. The organization's goal is to market biotechnically created biosurfactants that have been functionally optimised. Members include major corporations like Henkel, Dalli, and BASF, to mention a few.
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below: https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/biosurfactants-market
Emergen Research has segmented the global biosurfactants market based on product type, application, and region:
- Product Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- Lipopeptides & Lipoproteins
- Fatty Acids & Phospholipids
- Polymeric Surfactants
- Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- Personal Care
- Industrial Cleaners & Detergents
- Food Processing
- Oilfield Industry
- Agriculture Chemicals
- Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Rest of LATAM
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
About Emergen Research
Emergen Research is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries, and help clients make smarter business decisions. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, Touch Points, Chemicals, Types, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware of the latest trend’s existent in the market. Emergen Research has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise. Our industry experience and ability to develop a concrete solution to any research problems provides our clients with the ability to secure an edge over their respective competitors.
Corporate Sales Specialist
Emergen Research | Web: www.emergenresearch.com
Direct Line: +1 (604) 757-9756
E-mail: [email protected]
Emergen Research Media Citations: https://www.emergenresearch.com/media-citations
Visit for More Insights: https://www.emergenresearch.com/insights
Explore Our Custom Intelligence services | Growth Consulting Services
Read our Press Release @ https://www.emergenresearch.com/press-releases
Latest reports| Iris Recognition Market | Chromatography Resins Market
Trending Titles| Embedded Sim Market| Solar Energy Market