How does Aurogra 100 Tablet work?
Aurogra 100 mg contains the active ingredient Sildenafil Citrate (found in the popular blue pill Viagra) which is a PDE 5 (Phosphodiesterase Type 5) inhibitor. It relaxes the smooth muscles present in the walls of the blood vessels and improves blood circulation to the penis.
Due to the constriction of the arteries, blood doesn’t flow properly to the penis. Sildenafil Citrate present in Aurogra blocks the action of PDE 5 and enhances nitric oxide (NO)-mediated vasodilation in the corpus cavernosum by inhibiting cGMP breakdown. cGMP (cyclic guanosine monophosphate) is responsible for the contraction and dilation of blood vessels. By enabling the production of cGMP, blood flows properly to the penis. As more and more blood flows to the penis, the pressure is created. This leads to an erection.
Aurogra 100 mg Use
Aurogra 100 mg is used for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED) – an inability to achieve or sustain an erection firm enough for sexual intercourse.
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH) – a type of high blood pressure that affects the arteries in the lungs and the heart.
The recommended dose of Aurogra 100 is one tablet per day. Do not consume more than one tablet in 24 hours. For best results, take one pill on an empty stomach and exactly one hour before sexual intercourse. The effects of this medicine can be experienced within the first hour of its consumption. However, this may vary from person to person depending on factors such as age, metabolism, medical conditions, etc.
Missed Dosage: This medicine is taken as and when needed. Therefore, you are less likely to miss a dose. If you are taking this medicine for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension, take the missed dose as soon as possible. However, if it’s time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take your next scheduled dose. Do not take double doses to make up for the missed dose.
Overdose: An overdose of the drug can lead to serious side-effects. If an overdose is suspected, report to your doctor immediately.
Aurogra 100 mg may not be suitable for you if you suffer from any medical condition. Before you take this medicine, let your doctor know:
- If you are allergic to Sildenafil Citrate or any other medications.
- If you have a history of stroke, congestive heart failure, etc.
- If you suffer from blood cell problems such as sickle cell anemia, leukemia, etc.
- If you suffer from a kidney or liver disease.
- If you have a physical deformity of the penis or Peyronie’s.
- If you have uncontrolled blood pressure.
- If you suffer from conditions such as diabetes, high blood cholesterol, etc.
- If you have an eye-related condition such as retinitis pigmentosa.
- If you take nitrates for chest pain.
- If you suffer from epilepsy or seizures.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you suffer from ischemic heart disease.
- If you are an alcoholic or have a history of substance abuse.
- Discuss your medical history in detail with the doctor.
Aurogra 100mg Tablet Side Effects
As with any other medication, there are certain side-effects that can occur while taking Aurogra 100 mg tablet. Most of these side-effects are temporary and go away after some time.