QuickBooks Error Code 15271 must be quite annoying while you attempt to update QuickBooks. However, our QB expert team has left no stone unturned towards providing you with workable methods for troubleshooting this issue.
QuickBooks payroll error 15271 occurs when downloading or installing payroll updates and is caused by a failure in validating the download file. This Error has the potential to disrupt the smooth operations of the QuickBooks Desktop software; thus, its timely resolution becomes indispensable. This article contains all the information related to QuickBooks payroll error code 15271.
You may see the following error message on your screen:
The payroll update did not complete successfully. A file cannot be validated.
The update did not complete successfully. A file cannot be validated.
Let us first investigate the various causes that contribute to the Error. In the subsequent section, we shall visit all the viable methods for fixing Error Code 15271 in QuickBooks.
Various factors that contribute to Error Code 15271
There is a long list of factors that may trigger QuickBooks Error Code 15271. The most conspicuous ones are listed below:
- QuickBooks Desktop software is out of date.
- Incomplete QuickBooks Desktop installation.
- System security software is interfering with QuickBooks Desktop.
- Payroll tax tables are not updated to the latest version.
- Windows files that are necessary for seamless QuickBooks functioning may be corrupted/damaged.
- QuickBooks is unable to install updates due to incorrectly configured Windows User Account Control (UAC) settings.
Simple avenues to fix QuickBooks Error Code 15271
You must by now, be well aware of the principal causes that contribute to QuickBooks Error Code 15271. Let us now shift our attention toward effective methods for troubleshooting the Error in a timely manner. Make sure that you go through this section very keenly till the very end.
Method 1: Turn off UAC in your PC
Turning off UAC in your system may fix QuickBooks Error Code 15271. To do the same, follow the steps given below:
- To open the 'Run' box, press the 'Win + R' keys together.
- Now type 'Control Panel’ and hit the 'OK'
- Then select 'User Accounts,' then 'User Accounts.'
- Now select 'Change User Account Control Settings' from the drop-down menu.
- Then click 'OK' after moving the slider to 'Never Notify.'
- Restart your computer now.
- It's a good idea to turn on UAC on your computer after conducting QuickBooks troubleshooting.
- If the previous step does not work for you, continue with the steps below.
Solution 2: Clean Systems Junk Files
- Run a complete malware scan on your PC first.
- Clean up all of your junk files, including your transient files, by following the procedures below:
- Choose 'Computer' from the 'Start'
- Then go to 'Properties' after right-clicking the system drive.
- Select 'Disk Cleanup' from the 'General'
- Choose 'Temporary Files' from the 'Files to Delete' list
- Wait for the cleanup process to complete before clicking 'OK.'
Solution 3: Update QuickBooks to the Latest Release
- Close QuickBooks Desktop by holding down the Ctrl key on your computer and double-clicking the QuickBooks desktop icon.
- Wait until you see the 'No Company Open' window on your QuickBooks before releasing the 'Ctrl'
- Now navigate to 'Help,' followed by choosing 'Update QuickBooks Desktop.'
- Then choose the 'Update Now'
- Select 'Reset Update' and then hit on 'Get Updates.'
- If prompted, select 'OK.'
- When the message 'Update Complete' shows up, click on it. Close QuickBooks by clicking the Close button. If QuickBooks Desktop prompts you to download new updates, opt for 'Yes.'
Solution 4: Use Safe Mode to Install Payroll Updates
You can try installing Payroll Updates in the Safe Mode. Follow the steps given below to do the same:
- Select 'Restart' from the 'Shutdown' option after pressing the 'Start' button on your desktop.
- Continue pressing the 'F8' key while Windows is rebooting to bring up the 'Advanced Boot' Options page.
- Select 'Safe Mode' and press 'Enter’ tab.
- After the Windows reboots in Safe Mode, try installing the payroll updates again.
Solution 5: Alter the System Registry
Follow the steps below to visit the windows registry and fix QuickBooks Error Code 15271.
- Press the 'Start' button first, then type 'command' into the 'search' box without pressing the 'Enter'
- Now hold down the 'Ctrl + Shift’ keys while pressing the 'Enter'
- On the pop-up dialogue box, select 'Yes.'
- After that, type 'Regedit' and click on the 'Enter'
- In the registry editor, find the 'Error Code 15271'.
- Select on it, and from the 'file' menu, select 'Export.'
- From the 'save' menu, choose the folder where you wish to save your data backup.
- After you've saved the file, check to see if the QuickBooks error Code 15271 has been removed.
Solution 6: Uninstall Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop software
If the above-stated solutions don't work out, uninstall QuickBooks desktop and reinstall the same. Follow the procedure below:
- Head to the 'Control' panel from the 'start'
- Proceed to 'Programs and Features.'
- Choose 'Uninstall/Change.'
- Select 'QuickBooks' from the list of programs.
- Choose 'uninstall' and wait for the process to conclude.
- Restart your PC and reinstall QuickBooks software to check if the Error got fixed.
This article contains all the information to assist you in fixing QuickBooks Error Code 15271. Just in case you stumbled across any technical difficulty while performing the troubleshooting methods contained in this article, reach out to our QuickBooks payroll error support team at 1-800-761-1787 without any hesitation.